Happy 9 Month Birthday Angel Pie!
Miss E is growing by leaps and bounds! At her 9 month appointment she weighed 18.5 and was 30 inches long. She is in the 50% for weight and 95% for height. (She is 3 pounds heavier than Miss Girl and 1 inch longer at this age. She is about 1/2 pound thinner than Mr Boy and 1 inch longer at this age!)
(Adjusted age for the twins^)
Top 9 at 9 for Lil Miss
9. She is baptised! Lil Miss is SO lucky to be loved by so many! We had a beautiful service for her where Wife and I were married 4 years ago and the twins were baptised 3 years ago). So many dear friends and family from EVERYWHERE came to the service and Grampa and Grama hosted a fun get together afterwards. Today, on her 9 month old birthday, we had her baptised at the Catholic church that we havent attended for the last 3 years. (Having been stationed elsewhere) We were so lucky to have Nana and Poppi over to visit for the whole week! The service today was so special thanks to so many dear friends as well as our family, welcoming Lil Miss into the Catholic faith. It was just heart warming to stand there and celebrate our daughter and look out to see so many faces who love us...truly an amazing day!
8. Baby is crawling! Lil Miss scoots along in the most hilarious way. She 'swims' with her arms and pulls her body forward while pushing along with her right foot. She never uses her left...but it gets the job done. She can get to where she wants to go, and quick!
7. Lil Miss pulled herself up to standing for the first time on July 21st! Grampa and I were witness to the miracle that is a child growing up before our eyes. I was sitting on the love seat and baby grabbed for the couch cushons and pulled herself up. It wasn't immediate, we had time to say to eachother "Are you watching this? This will be her first time pulling up!" It is so amazing because I can remember the exact first time both of the twins pulled to standing.
6. Teeth! She has had four teeth for a while now, but they just seem to be getting bigger! And she likes to use them...on Mommy unfortunately. And Daddy, and your finger, and your shirt and your shoulder (ouch!).
5. Eating. Ev is eating most solids. She so daintily grasps any finger foods. She will patiently eat from a spoon until she is bored of that and wants to grab at the spoon. Her current favorites are sweet potato, oatmeal with raspberry, hummus!, banana, and green smoothies. The way her little face contorts when the food is cold is adorable.
4. Sleeping. Naps are consistently one in the morning and one in the afternoon. She is by no means on a schedule as strict as the twins were. It would just be so time consuming to try to recreate that and then the kids would be stuck at home all day around a baby nap schedule...talk about recipe for disaster! Night time sleep is ok. She goes down typically around 8:30 and (on a good day) will sleep until 5:30/6 and wake to eat. If Wife nurses her in bed, she will fall back asleep for a couple hours, but if I try to put her in her crib she will often stay awake. And car sleeping is still amazing...just like the 2 before her:)
3. Happiness! Lil Miss is just a joy to our hearts. She is SO happy. She loves watching her big bro and sis do anything. She is so content, plays well with others (besides the scratching, sorry A!), like new toys, like old toys, hangs out in her high chair. Having the big kids really makes a difference in keeping a baby occupied. There seems to always be something to watch and keep her interested.
2. Lil Miss plays with her feet so sweetly. She can clap her hands sort of wave, more like a hold her hand out to you. She rocks her head back and forth a lot. But now with the swim crawling, she seems to be doing that less. She LOVES to be talked to. SHe is at that sweet age where she wants attention and loves it when she gets it!
1. Da da! Wife asked Lil Miss to say "da-da" this morning while we were saying goodbye, immediately in the teeniest sweet voice, she said Da-da! Now to start working on Mama:)....maybe.....
Love you Baby